Loved Twice relies on the help of volunteers to operate, your time and contributions are invaluable to us. If you are interested in any of the opportunities below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and how you would like to contribute. Thank you for helping the most precious among us.
SAN JOSE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Do you have time during the weekday to deliver baby clothes and help at corporate sorting parties? We need you! We are looking for a dedicated volunteer to help on a consistent basis a couple hours a week. This is a perfect Silicon Valley Community Service project if you are looking for a way to give back locally.
HOST A BABY CLOTHING DRIVE
You can do it! It’s a fun and easy community service project. Simply send an email to your network (work, friends, daycare, church, etc…) telling them you are collecting baby clothes in sizes 0-12 months to help newborns-in-need. Deliver them to a local organization in your neighborhood and let us know how it went. Details here.
SPONSOR A BABY CLOTHING SORTING EVENT
Have your company sponsor a baby clothing sorting event. Your organization supplies a team of volunteers, financial support, and can even deliver the baby clothes to a hospital after the event. It’s great PR and helps the local community. Companies will have their commitment to the community celebrated via our newsletter, website, Twitter feeds and on our Facebook page.
Download Details »
WRITE OUR NEWSLETTER
Are you a talented writer with a knowledge of MailChimp? We are looking for someone to write four newsletters a year.
JOIN THE GRAND BABY CAMPAIGN
Campaigners raise $1,000 for babies in need. We provide support and a complete tool kit. You can seek supporters through your mother’s group/company/church/circle of friends/etc… to benefit our cause.
Find out more here.
EMPLOYER DONATIONS – YOUR GENEROUS DONATION TO LOVED TWICE COULD BE MATCHED DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR! HOW? You can increase the reach of your donation by asking your HR department to help in three ways:
1) Employee Gift Matching: Many companies provide dollar-for-dollar matching for the charitable contributes made by their employees. To apply for a matching grant with your company, ask your HR department about their corporate matching program. If matching is available, it usually requires filling out a short form to request the match. Every dollar ensures that Loved Twice can continue clothing babies in need.
2) Payroll Deductions Grants: Are you always in a rush to make your non-profit donations before tax seasons? Spread out your contributions using payroll deductions to spread out aid across the year. Contact your HR department to get instructions on adding Loved Twice and to further expand your reach, be sure to request corporate matching for your dollars. Just $50 a month, will provide hundreds of warm onesies directly to newborns in need.
3) Volunteer Hour Matching Grants: If you like to show your support through volunteering, you can further maximize your impact in this area! Many companies will grant small funds to organizations that reach certain hour milestones. For example, 20 hours could be a $500 grant towards the organization you love to support. Contact your company’s HR department to learn more about their participation in such programs.
Information to give to HR: Org Name: Loved Twice, Address: 4123 Broadway, Suite 815, Oakland, CA 94611, EIN: 94-3441434
THE ULTIMATE LOVED TWICE “WISH LIST” TO HELP HOMELESS BABIES
Want to help but don’t have baby clothes in your attic? Shop Amazon and pick out your own outfits.
DO YOU SELL ITEMS ON EBAY?
Consider donating a percentage to Loved Twice though MissionFish.
DO SHOP ON AMAZON?
Click below to have AmazonSmile donate a percentage to Loved Twice
Making purchases online already? Check out iGive – enter Loved Twice as your favorite charity and a percentage of your purchase will be donated to our nonprofit with no cost to you.
Contests and the media that surround it raises awareness about our mission. If you hear of one that we qualify for, will you submit a nomination for us? Or, send us a link so that a volunteer can follow up on the opportunity.
* Research local, state and national funding opportunities.
* Write grants, newsletter and marketing materials.
* Lead corporate sorting parties.
* Deliver baby clothes to social workers.
* Outreach to companies to host baby clothing drives and sorting parties.
Requirements: Must have a computer, show initiative, good writing skills, excellent organizational skills, familiar with Microsoft Office and Photoshop and a vehicle to deliver baby clothes and get to corporate events. Flexible schedules and hours, with a general expectation of 5-10 hours a week. Research work can be done from your home. Meetings will be located in Berkeley. This internship is unpaid, but we are happy to work with schools to receive course credit if possible.
Interested students should send a resume and cover letter telling us how amazing you are to: email@example.com
DELIVER BABY CLOTHES & OTHER LOCAL TASKS
We need help with deliveries throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, primarily in the East Bay and San Jose. Drivers need to have a safe driving record and must supply proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license. Other last minute projects include making copies, writing notes, and attending events. If you can help, send us an email and we will add you to our volunteer network.